The Research Companion takes your privacy seriously. We only ask for the information we need, and we’ll only use it for the purposes described below
What data we collect
- if you use our contact form, any messages and email addresses you provide
- your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use our site. This tells us:
- the pages you visit
- how long you spend on each page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We cannot identify you through analytics information, and do not combine it with other data sets in a way that would identify who you are.
Data from other sites
We link to a few other sites to signpost advice, and share best practice. If you visit these sites, you will need to agree to their privacy policies.
Why we need your data
We collect information through Google Analytics to see how you use the site. This helps us check we’re meeting the needs of our users, and make improvements from time to time.
If you have any questions about our use of data, please get in touch.